The key to selecting a unique store name is research. Your store name is the foundation of your brand. It’s what will set you apart in the Community and it’s how your Buyers will recognize you.
If you want to stand out, do your research to find out what names are already out there. Here are some suggestions for where to start:
- Brainstorm some ideas for names that are truly original and represent who you are as a business.
- Search on TPT for your ideas for names you’d like to use to see if it’s already in use. If you select a name that’s the same or too similar to one that already exists, you risk stepping on the toes of a Seller who’s come before you, or confusing potential Buyers about who they’re buying from. We recommend searching for a Store by placing it in quotes: "TPT Store Name".
- Do a broader internet search for the names to widen your scope. Taking this extra step will increase the likelihood that the name you ultimately settle on is safe to use.
There’s also a legal component to selecting your store name. Some names or phrases may be trademarked, meaning that another Seller has the exclusive right to use that name or phrase. Doing your research upfront will help you to avoid any conflicts down the road.
Once you’ve come up with an idea for your store name, to add it to your Seller account:
- Click on your profile icon at the top right and select "My Account."
- Select "Store Profile" on the left, and then click "Edit".
- Add your new store name, and then click "Save" at the bottom.
Please note that if your store name is too similar to a store already in our system, you won’t be able to use that name.