The following fees are associated with TPT payments distributed through PayPal. As of December 15th, 2021, we’ve partnered with the payment processor Hyperwallet to enable us to offer multiple payout options to TPT Sellers (including PayPal, direct deposit, Venmo, and wire transfer). Please visit this page in TPT U to learn more about updating your payment method.
If you are still receiving payments that are distributed through PayPal (and you have not yet signed up with Hyperwallet), the following fees apply:
PayPal payouts incur a fee of 2%, up to a maximum of $1.00 per transfer for all Sellers, regardless of whether you're in the U.S. or located elsewhere. PayPal's current maximum transfer amount is $50,000. This means that any payouts of greater than $50,000 will need to be paid in more than one transfer and more than one payout fee will apply.
Here's an approximate breakdown of how the PayPal fees apply:
- If you earn $10 in a month, the payout fee will be 20 cents
- If you earn $25 in a month, the payout fee will be 50 cents
- If you earn $50 in a month, the payout fee will be $1.00
- If you earn $100 - $50,000 in a month, the payout fee will still be $1.00
- If you earn more than $50,000 in a month, the payout fee will be $1.00 for each installment of $50,000 plus 2% up to $1.00 of any remainder
The international payment fee from PayPal is up to $20, but we’ve decided to cover it and charge everyone the same —a $1.00 maximum.