TPT takes the safety and security of TPT very seriously. We have several safety and security measures in place, which include scanning resources on upload, and regularly re-scanning resources. In the event that we identify a resource as potentially having malware, malicious code, viruses, or other harmful or destructive technologies, TPT will:
- Promptly deactivate the resource listing and conduct an investigation. A determination of if the resource is safe for TPT will be made soon after resource deactivation.
- Promptly contact the Seller regarding the investigation.
- If, based on the investigation, TPT determines that the deactivated resource is safe for TPT, TPT will:
- Reactivate the resource listing and inform the Seller.
- If, based on the investigation, TPT determines that the deactivated resource is unsafe or unsuitable for TPT, TPT will take further actions such as:
- Suspend the Seller’s account access while we try to work with the Seller to resolve the safety concern.
- Re-scan all resources in that Seller’s store for potential malware.
- As TPT determines resources are safe as a result of such re-scanning, TPT will make the resources accessible in the Seller’s store. We’ll work with the Seller to restore the Seller’s account access as soon as possible after the rescan is complete and TPT determines the resources are safe for TPT.
- Notify users who may have downloaded the resource by email that a resource they may have purchased or downloaded may contain malware, malicious code, viruses, or other harmful or destructive technologies. The email will include the explanation that while we have not confirmed this resource has caused or will cause any damage, we have, out of an abundance of caution, removed this resource from TPT. The email won’t mention the Seller’s store name.
If TPT determines a Seller uploaded an infected resource, the Seller will need to (a) commit to scanning all future resource uploads through an approved Anti-Virus Scanner (as listed below) before attempting to upload future resources on TPT, and (b) let TPT know that the Seller will be doing so via email. Once the Seller has done so, and TPT’s rescan indicates the resources are safe for TPT, TPT will promptly restore the Seller’s account access.
Approved Anti-Virus Scanners are:
- Microsoft Defender or Windows Defender
- Symantec / Norton